BOTOX - WRINKLE RELAXER
Botox® and Xeomin® are simple, non-surgical treatments that can relax and smooth moderate to severe lines on the face. These products treat the dynamic lines of the face and are exceptionally effective at reducing the activity of muscles that cause wrinkles to form from facial activity, some of which may otherwise become permanent over time.
These injections will soften and smooth the horizontal lines on the forehead, the vertical lines between the eyebrows, and the fine lines around the eyes. They can be used on the other areas of the face and body, such as underarms to prevent sweating.
These treatments usually last 3 to 4 months.
How can Botox/Xeomin help you?
Botox® and Xeomin® are simple, non-surgical treatments that can relax and smooth moderate to severe lines on the face. These products treat the dynamic lines of the face and reduce the activity of muscles that cause wrinkles to form from facial activity, some of which may otherwise become permanent over time.
What is the difference between Botox and Xeomin?
Both are botulinum toxin. It is like saying one is Coke® and the other is Pepsi®.
Xeomin® is stripped of the accessory proteins that Botox has. Thus the likelihood of forming antibodies to the toxin is lessened.
How does it work?
Botox® and Xeomin® are both botulinum toxin. This is a natural occurring protein that causes the muscles to relax, thus preventing you from creating the wrinkle, which leaves your skin smooth.
What can you expect during your treatment?
The doctor will evaluate you to decide how many units you need. The doctor will clean the area with an antiseptic. A series of injections will be performed. The procedure is mostly pain free, but you may feel the pinprick from the needle. The small and sometimes red bumps caused by the needle should subside by the time you get to your car.
What areas can be treated?
These injections will
- soften and smooth the horizontal lines on the forehead
- soften and smooth the vertical lines between the eyebrows, usually called the “11’s” or frown lines
- create an eyebrow lift
- the fine lines around the eyes
- lips – to lessen the vertical lines around the mouth and increase lip size
- chin to prevent the “pitting” look
- jaw area to make the face slender
- neck to lessen the vertical bands
- underarms to prevent sweating
What do I need to do to prepare for the treatment?
Please avoid taking non-prescription anticoagulants (such as Advil, Motrin, Naprosyn, ibuprofen, aspirin, flax, fish oil and extra vitamin C and E) for 7 days before treatment, if medical condition allows.
If you take a prescription anti-coagulant (such as heparin or warfarin or any other anticoagulant prescribed by your doctor) then you must get permission from your treating doctor prior to treatment.
What are the after treatment instructions?
- Keep head elevated above the heart for 4 hours.
- Do not massage or touch area for 4 hours.
- Avoid tight fitting headwear (baseball caps & headbands) for the rest of the day.
- Contract the injected muscles repeatedly for 1-hour post injection.
- Do not take anticoagulants for the next 24 hours.
- Do not exercise for the next 24 hours
- Do not drink alcohol that day.
- No laser or light treatment to the treated area for 1 month after Botox.
Book an Appointment Today!
Call or Text for an Appointment
By appointment Only