With so many skincare products on the market, the right products to include in your daily routine can
get a little confusing. You’re in the right place to get some simple answers.
With so much damage done to skin on a daily basis, you want to get a head start on keeping your skin
healthy and youthful. What products are really necessary in a basic regimen, and in what order should
they be applied?
- Cleanser: The first step — morning or night — is to remove any makeup or impurities on your
face or in your pores. Look for a gentle cleanser that doesn’t strip your skin of its natural oils but
instead hydrates and smooths skin.
(Suggested products: Hydrate Cleanser by MaiSkin for all skin types, or Clarify Illumine Cleanser
by MaiSkin for oily/combination skin or hyperpigmentation)
- Toner: Using a good toner will clean your skin on an even deeper level while restoring healthy
pH levels and opening up your pores so later creams can be more thoroughly absorbed by the
layers of the skin.
(Suggested products: Restore Toner by MaiSkin for all skin types or Refine Illumine Toner for
oily/combination skin or hyperpigmentation)
- Exfoliate/mask: Most exfoliators and masks are only meant to be used two to three times a
week but do your skin a great service by removing dead and dehydrated skin cells.
(Suggested product: Smooth Exfoliator by MaiSkin)
- Eye serums: Using a hydrating serum around the eye area can minimize the appearance of dark
circles, wrinkles and bags.
(Suggested products: Affirm Eye Wrinkle Serum, Awaken Dark Circle Eye Serum or Vanish Eye
Bag Serum, all by MaiSkin, all suitable for all skin types)
- Face serums: Serums can provide more hydration that creams alone, and are often created to
rectify specific problems with the skin like sun damage or discoloration. Some even act as a
filler, reducing fine lines or deep creases.
(Suggested products: Volumize Serum by MaiSkin for anti-aging, or Protect Serum by MaiSkin for
all skin types)
- Moisturizer: Your last step in the morning and second-to- last step at night should be to lock in
all those great hydrating benefits you’ve just given your skin with a good moisturizer. A rule of
thumb is to use a lighter formula for oily or combination skin, and a thicker, heavier moisturizer
for normal or dry skin. Don’t forget to get one with SPF to protect your face and neck from those
harmful UV rays!
(Suggested products: Illumalift Cream by MaiSkin for all skin types, or Brighten Illumine Cream
by MaiSkin for oily/combination or hyperpigmentation)
- Night cream: The final step in your nightly regimen should be a night cream that aids your skin’s
regeneration efforts to support a healthy complexion. A good night cream is often enhanced
with vitamins and preferably a non-irritating retinol that increases cell turnover, prevents acne
and alleviates hyperpigmentation.
(Suggested product: Renew Night Cream by MaiSkin)